I am REALLY trying not to complain about the rain, but I am not having much luck with that...hehe! I was just so excited to get out and about for this week's theme, and instead I'm stuck sprinting from the house to snap a quick shot while the snapping is good (rumor has it my Rebel XTi should not get wet)!
Anyway - here's my poor poinsetta who was excited to be planted outside instead of being trapped in the house, and is now rethinking this...

1/60, 5.6, ISO 400
.jpg)
Good job on your exposure! Very nice capture :)
ReplyDeleteNow, that is a compliment!!! I am working on that darn exposure...why is it so confusing some days??? You'll notice today's was not so fantastic...of course shooting at concrete and water is a bit blah anyway ;)
ReplyDeleteThe best way to do it, is to take a quick test shot and look at your histogram (unless you're actually shooting an 18% gray target lol). Mentally divide your histogram in fifths, for every fifth, you have 1 stop exposure. And if your histogram is nicely filled left to right and it looks on the dark side, you could retake the photo with an extra half stop of exposure, or add some in post.
ReplyDeleteThat almost sounds like math...lol! Confessions of an amature #1 - I don't even know if my camera has a histogram in it...better get the book out...I use the one in photoshop, of course, but since I'm trying to shoot better in camera, I need to get it together! I will be starting the Understanding Exposure Study on ILP next month...hmmm - maybe I can convince the hubs for some new equipment ;)
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you didn't have your camera set up to show you the histogram after you shoot, sorry :P Your camera actually has a really nice histogram display! You might want to grab your camera's manual to figure out how to access it though, since I have no experience with your camera's menus..
ReplyDeleteThat will be tonight's project...I knew I should be using it, but I thought maybe it wasn't a nice enough camera to have it...I've been winging it, but tonight I will figure it out. It'll be impossible to improve without it...THANKS FOR THE GENTLE REMINDER!
ReplyDeleteDone! Now I have to get used to using it...another challenge for the week on top of "monochrome" - ugh.
ReplyDelete