I was going to say that it would have been cool to use a smaller aperture to bring the fence just a tiny bit more in focus, but you're already at f/5.6 :-P If you ever get the chance, try f/11 or f/16, and let me know what it looks like! I personally don't really like shooting at those small apertures because of loss of sharpness, but as you may know I'm a sharpness freak haha.
What lens did you use for this?
I like these shots! My CC was more surrounding my own curiosity, it didn't have much to do with the quality of your photos lol.
I used my 75-300...I do have some others with the fence a bit more in focus and then totally in focus, but nothing interesting about the rest of the picture. When the fence grabs the focus he is so far away that it's almost bokeh :( In the middle was actually more of what I was going for, but frankly - I missed him in most shots or had horrific chops, etc. I discovered it is EXTREMELY difficult to keep the focus through the fence and on him when he is moving as I'm sure you can imagine. If I moved even slightly, the focus fell on the fence, of course...Anyway - I'm sure you know what I mean. Luckily there will be more matches to try again :)
Oh I know how autofocus can be :-) Even my current camera, which is known to have an excellent autofocus system, would have trouble with that fence. The other day I wanted some shots through a similar fence and I had to use manual, but I had a stationary target, not a fast moving one! I think you did great :-)
I was going to say that it would have been cool to use a smaller aperture to bring the fence just a tiny bit more in focus, but you're already at f/5.6 :-P If you ever get the chance, try f/11 or f/16, and let me know what it looks like! I personally don't really like shooting at those small apertures because of loss of sharpness, but as you may know I'm a sharpness freak haha.
ReplyDeleteWhat lens did you use for this?
I like these shots! My CC was more surrounding my own curiosity, it didn't have much to do with the quality of your photos lol.
I used my 75-300...I do have some others with the fence a bit more in focus and then totally in focus, but nothing interesting about the rest of the picture. When the fence grabs the focus he is so far away that it's almost bokeh :( In the middle was actually more of what I was going for, but frankly - I missed him in most shots or had horrific chops, etc. I discovered it is EXTREMELY difficult to keep the focus through the fence and on him when he is moving as I'm sure you can imagine. If I moved even slightly, the focus fell on the fence, of course...Anyway - I'm sure you know what I mean. Luckily there will be more matches to try again :)
ReplyDeleteOh I know how autofocus can be :-) Even my current camera, which is known to have an excellent autofocus system, would have trouble with that fence. The other day I wanted some shots through a similar fence and I had to use manual, but I had a stationary target, not a fast moving one! I think you did great :-)
ReplyDelete